- Completed three acquisitions: Borrego Springs Bank, N.A., the Puget Sound operations of Boston Private Bank & Trust Co., and Commerce National Bank.
- Gross loans expanded by 19 percent; organic loan growth of 12 percent.
- Portfolio loan originations were $2.39 billion, a 31 percent increase over 2012.
- Deposits expanded by 10 percent.
- Net interest margin (tax equivalent) was 3.64 percent, 18 basis points higher than 2012.
- Nonperforming assets to total assets was 1.21 percent, down from 2.28 percent at December 31, 2012.
- Sterling announced that it will merge with Umpqua Holdings Corporation, creating the largest community bank on the West Coast.
Sterling Financial Corporation Of Spokane, Wash., Reports 2013 Earnings And Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts