Slot machine handle of $1.4 billion for the fourth quarter of 2013 was 28.3% above the prior-year quarter, and slot win increased 26.8% compared to the prior-year period. Win per unit per day was 38.5% higher at $879, compared to $635 in the fourth quarter of 2012. The average number of slots in the 2013 fourth quarter declined by 81 machines versus the 2012 period due to various changes designed to enhance the comfort of the casino floor.
As of January 26, 2014, we have 513 tables (283 VIP tables, 220 mass market tables and 10 poker tables) and 866 slot machines at Wynn Macau.
For the fourth quarter of 2013, we achieved an average daily rate (ADR) of $315, modestly above the $314 reported in the 2012 fourth quarter. Occupancy at Wynn Macau of 96.7% compares to 96.5% in the prior-year period, and revenue per available room (REVPAR) rose 0.6% to $304 in the 2013 quarter from $303 in last year’s fourth quarter. Gross non-casino revenues increased 3.9% during the quarter to $108.5 million.
During the first half of 2013, we began a renovation of the approximately 600 guestrooms in the original Wynn Macau tower, resulting in an approximate 3% reduction in the number of available room-nights in the 2013 fourth quarter versus the prior-year period. We completed the guestroom renovation in mid-December.Wynn Palace Project in Macau The Company is currently constructing Wynn Palace, a full-scale integrated resort containing a 1,700-room hotel, performance lake, meeting space, casino, spa, retail offerings, and food and beverage outlets on Cotai in Macau. In July 2013, we signed a $2.6 billion guaranteed maximum price (GMP) contract for the project’s construction. The total project budget, including construction costs, capitalized interest, pre-opening expenses, land costs and financing fees, is $4.0 billion. We expect to open our resort on Cotai in the first half of 2016.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV