Why the Super Bowl Is Big for Small Business
Quaker Steak & Lube
Kurt Pahlitzsch, director of operations for Quaker Steak & Lube's Brick, N.J. location is expecting a 35% increase in business. This comes not only from the take-out business he'll do for the Super Bowl, but from fans coming into the area that will keep the restaurant busy all weekend long.
Even with the franchise located an hour away from the stadium, "there's a lot of rollover with people coming in from out of town," Pahlitzsch said. "They're taking advantage of visiting family down by us. So not only on Super Bowl Sunday, but were also expecting Friday and Saturday to be above levels."Quaker Steak & Lube is a Nascar-themed bar and restaurant known for its 28-different sauced wings, including the frightening Triple Atomic sauce. The establishment is expecting in-dining business alone to pick up about 20%, with catering and big bulk to-go orders jumping as well. "I'm going from having two to three people working the to-go business to more than double - eight people are handling the take-out business," he says. "I love having it in the metro area it brings a lot of traffic," Pahlitzsch said. "Not only does it help me [now] but in future weeks to come."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV