3 Consumer Durables Stocks Dragging The Industry Down
1. As of noon trading, Whirlpool Corporation ( WHR) is down $3.41 (-2.4%) to $138.22 on heavy volume. Thus far, 1.4 million shares of Whirlpool Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 834,100 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $137.27-$147.00 after having opened the day at $146.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $141.63. Whirlpool Corporation engages in the manufacture and marketing of home appliances worldwide. The company's principal products include laundry appliances, refrigerators and freezers, cooking appliances, dishwashers, mixers, and other portable household appliances. Whirlpool Corporation has a market cap of $11.3 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 9.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Whirlpool Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Whirlpool Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Whirlpool Corporation Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer durables industry could consider Consumer Discretionary Sel Sec SPDR ( XLY) while those bearish on the consumer durables industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts