Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:39 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Friday.
JPMorgan upgraded Computer Sciences (CSC) to hold from sell after the company reported better-than-expected earnings. "I agree," Cramer said. CSC jumped 9.5% to $60.41.
Raymond James says to buy PulteGroup (PHM). Cramer reminded investors that when "interest rates are going down, that's great for Pulte." He added that investors should not panic with the stock. PHM was 2.8% higher at $20.32."Chevron (CVX) was bad," Cramer said. The company should not be missing earnings by this much, and now it's pulling down the whole oil group, he added. CVX fell 4.1% to $111.63. Sterne Agee upgraded Raytheon (RTN) to buy from hold. Cramer said the company reported a "fabulous quarter," and investors have continued buying the stock. It's now forcing analysts to come in late and upgrade the stock. RTN rose 3.5% to $95.07. Citrix Systems (CTXS) is bouncing after receiving an upgrade from JPMorgan to buy from hold. Cramer said the "cloud is another great place to be," although he admitted CTXS was not one of the top plays in the group. CTXS ended the day up 1.5% at $54.07. "Manitowoc Company (MTW) is incredible," Cramer said, before reiterating that the company should spin off certain business segments. He added that investors shouldn't panic over the global economy so long as MTW continues to do well. MTW vaulted 14.9% to $28.45. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV