Edited: This article originally appeared on Jan. 27, 2014, on RealMoney.com. To read more content like this plus see inside Jim Cramer's multimillion-dollar portfolio for FREE... Click Here NOW.
NEW YORK (Real Money) -- There are trades that are initially recommended for a long-term move, but our entry points are at key levels and fail quickly.
Having said that, let's look at Google (GOOG).
This might be a great buying opportunity or a short-term trade that was wrong.
Google has a 50-day moving average at $1,090.93 It has a 0.236 retracement level at $1,091.21.Google is down more than 3% today and below the above-mentioned levels. You can buy 10%-25% of position on a volume-weighted average price today and exit if it closes below $1,091.21. On a close above, I would look to be long 25%. This is a risky trade, and it might not be for everyone, but I still have to tell you that this might be a great buying opportunity. At the time of publication, Berman had no position in Google.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV