PRINCETON, N.J., Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Novo Nordisk (NYSE: NVO), a global healthcare company with 90 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care, announced the promotion of Eddie Williams to senior vice president of biopharmaceuticals, effective February 1, 2014.
"Our biopharmaceutical business will be increasingly important to our growth in the U.S. as we apply the protein expertise developed through our diabetes franchise to helping people with hemophilia and growth disorders manage their conditions more effectively," said Jesper Hoiland, president of Novo Nordisk Inc., the company's US affiliate. "That business has flourished under Eddie's experienced leadership. His promotion to senior vice president demonstrates the company's focus on, and commitment to, our pipeline of life-changing biological therapies."
Eddie brings three decades of experience in the pharmaceutical industry. He joined Novo Nordisk in 2006 and currently serves as the corporate vice president of biopharmaceuticals. In this capacity, he leads the sales and marketing, business development and new product commercialization functions for the company's growing U.S. biopharmaceuticals business, which develops medicines for people with hemophilia, as well as various types of hormone deficiencies.Eddie's full biography may be found here. About Novo Nordisk Headquartered in Denmark, Novo Nordisk is a global health care company with 90 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care. The company also has leading positions within hemophilia care, growth hormone therapy and hormone therapy. For more information, visit novonordisk-us.com or follow US activities on Twitter at @novonordiskus. SOURCE Novo Nordisk Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV