Digital River, Inc. (NASDAQ: DRIV), a leading global provider of Commerce-as-a-Service solutions, announced that it signed an agreement to provide global e-commerce services for ArenaNet, developer of the acclaimed Guild Wars franchise. Based on the agreement, Digital River is powering an online store at http://buy.guildwars2.com/ to support the e-commerce experience of ArenaNet’s Guild Wars 2, one of the fastest growing MMOs with more than 3 million games sold. In the new store, Digital River is managing digital game purchases for the heroic and deluxe editions as well as sales of official strategy guides. In addition, Digital River is managing in-game purchases of Guild Wars 2 virtual currency, called Gems.
Digital River tailored the in-store and in-game e-commerce solution to meet the purchasing preferences of the broad demographic of Guild Wars 2 players. The e-commerce experience offers gamers general payment options, including major credit cards and PayPal, as well as regionally preferred payment methods, such as the ELV in Germany. Gamers also can redeem Guild Wars 2 point of sale activation (POSA) cards, commonly called Gem Cards, which are an alternative payment type. Gem Cards are bought in brick-and-mortar stores and include a digital key or code that can be redeemed through the Guild Wars 2 in-game store during game play. Players use Gems during game play to buy a selection of costumes, color dyes and boosts, among other things, to enhance the gaming experience.
“We selected Digital River because they can help us gain added insights into our customers’ shopping behaviors and preferences as well as deliver an enhanced buying and gaming experience,” said Randall Price, senior vice president of global business for ArenaNet. “We are looking forward to providing our players with added levels of service and payment options that meet their needs around the world.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV