5 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: EVEP, POM, MWE, CM, HTA
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (NYSE: CM) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.60%. Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, a diversified financial institution, provides various financial products and services to individuals, small businesses, and commercial, corporate, and institutional clients in Canada and internationally. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.91. The average volume for Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce has been 160,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce has a market cap of $31.1 billion and is part of the banking industry. Shares are down 8.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 0.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CANADIAN IMPERIAL BANK's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, CANADIAN IMPERIAL BANK increased its bottom line by earning $8.24 versus $7.85 in the prior year.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $2,943.00 million or 6.45% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, CANADIAN IMPERIAL BANK has marginally lower results.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Commercial Banks industry average. The net income has decreased by 0.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $850.00 million to $843.00 million.
- You can view the full Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV