Yandex (YNDX) Is Today's Dead Cat Bounce Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Yandex (YNDX) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Yandex as such a stock due to the following factors:
- YNDX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $133.8 million.
- YNDX has traded 109,246 shares today.
- YNDX is up 3.3% today.
- YNDX was down 6.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in YNDX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for YNDX NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on YNDX: Yandex N.V. operates an Internet search engine in Russia and internationally. YNDX has a PE ratio of 46.0. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Yandex a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.The average volume for Yandex has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Yandex has a market cap of $9.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 2.76 and a short float of 2.6% with 1.64 days to cover. Shares are down 12.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Yandex as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 27.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- YNDX has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, YNDX has a quick ratio of 2.44, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, YANDEX NV's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 95.83% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 79.64% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, YNDX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- YANDEX NV reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, YANDEX NV increased its bottom line by earning $0.80 versus $0.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($35.91 versus $0.80).
- You can view the full Yandex Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV