Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified ServiceNow (NOW) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified ServiceNow as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NOW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $107.6 million.
- NOW has traded 98,596 shares today.
- NOW is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NOW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NOW NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on NOW: ServiceNow, Inc. engages in the provision of cloud-based services to automate enterprise IT operations primarily in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the Asia Pacific. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate ServiceNow a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.The average volume for ServiceNow has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ServiceNow has a market cap of $8.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.26 and a short float of 5.8% with 3.23 days to cover. Shares are up 5.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ServiceNow as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been generally deteriorating net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Software industry. The net income has decreased by 12.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$13.05 million to -$14.71 million.
- SERVICENOW INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.08 versus -$0.31).
- Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, SERVICENOW INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SERVICENOW INC is rather high; currently it is at 68.58%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -13.22% is in-line with the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 128.26% to $20.72 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SERVICENOW INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -14.95%.
- You can view the full ServiceNow Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about NOW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV