Blackstone Group (BX) Showing Unusual Social Activity Today
- BX has more that 20x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 4.38 mentions/day.
- BX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $160.2 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BX: The Blackstone Group L.P. is a publicly owned investment manager. The firm also provides financial advisory services to its clients. It provides its services to public and corporate pension funds, academic, cultural, and charitable organizations. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.8%. BX has a PE ratio of 27.5. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Blackstone Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Blackstone Group has been 4.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Blackstone Group has a market cap of $17.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 2.06 and a short float of 1.6% with 1.80 days to cover. Shares are down 1.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Blackstone Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BLACKSTONE GROUP LP has improved earnings per share by 20.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BLACKSTONE GROUP LP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.40 versus -$0.33 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.48 versus $0.40).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry average. The net income increased by 32.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $128.82 million to $171.16 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 13796.47% to $1,392.15 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BLACKSTONE GROUP LP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 255.90%.
- 39.57% is the gross profit margin for BLACKSTONE GROUP LP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 14.06% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Blackstone Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts