New Lifetime High For Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN)
- ALXN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $201.7 million.
- ALXN has traded 312,452 shares today.
- ALXN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALXN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALXN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ALXN: Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, develops and commercializes life-transforming therapeutic products. ALXN has a PE ratio of 73.3. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Alexion Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Alexion Pharmaceuticals has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Alexion has a market cap of $25.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.66 and a short float of 2.2% with 2.86 days to cover. Shares are up 0.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Alexion Pharmaceuticals as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 36.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- ALXN's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.06 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.32, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $144.28 million or 2.08% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ALEXION PHARMACEUTICALS INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 0.77%.
- ALEXION PHARMACEUTICALS INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ALEXION PHARMACEUTICALS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.27 versus $0.91 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.04 versus $1.27).
- The gross profit margin for ALEXION PHARMACEUTICALS INC is currently very high, coming in at 91.24%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 23.42% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Alexion Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts