PHOENIX, Jan. 30, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Taylor Morrison, one of the nation's leading homebuilders, today announced that it will offer a solar power option on every new home in its Phoenix-area communities through a partnership with SolarCity. Taylor Morrison and SolarCity (Nasdaq:SCTY), America's No. 1 full-service solar power provider, will deliver the benefits of solar power to homebuyers for little to no upfront cost. The partnership will make it possible for home buyers to save up to thousands on their utility bills, and will also enable them to lock in their solar electricity costs for decades into the future. Taylor Morison is the first national homebuilder in Arizona to offer SolarCity's solar systems to homebuyers without increasing the purchase price of their homes.
"Providing solar to our homebuyers in the Phoenix area is just another way to offer the best possible experience to our customers," said Bob Thompson, vice president of sales and marketing for Taylor Morrison's Phoenix division. "With a Taylor Morrison home, homebuyers are able to enjoy a beautiful home that also boasts the benefits of utilizing energy that's good for the planet and wallet."
With 26 existing communities in the greater Phoenix area and seven additional communities opening in the first quarter of 2014, Taylor Morrison will now offer solar options from SolarCity to each homebuyer. Homebuyers can equip their new homes with a 5.5 kilowatt solar array for which SolarCity will provide solar installation, insurance, monitoring service and repairs for the duration of the 20 year contract."SolarCity is excited to provide solar power options to Taylor Morrison homeowners that don't add a dime to their sale price, but allow them to save thousands on energy costs," said Walter Cuculic, SolarCity's national manager of Builder Programs. "We make it remarkably easy to go solar and start saving money immediately."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV