NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Facebook (FB - Get Report) announced Thursday the introduction of Paper, a new app that allows users to create and share stories in new ways, the first product from Facebook Creative Labs.
The app is divided into multiple sections, each with a different theme. The first section is the News Feed, which has been updated with new photos and video designs and also has been redesigned to encourage longer written posts. Users can customize the different sections with more than a dozen themes, including sports, photography, science, food and more.
Paper also includes full-screen panoramic photos and autoplay videos and a feature that distinguishes content from well-known publishers. Users will also be able to see a live preview of any content they create before they share it.
Facebook soared more than 18% to an all-time high of more than $63 in pre-market activity on Thursday following third-quarter earnings.TheStreet Ratings team rates FACEBOOK INC as a "hold" with a ratings score of C-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate FACEBOOK INC (FB) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- FB's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 59.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although FB's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.04 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 10.37, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 950.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 83.74% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- When compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, FACEBOOK INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FB Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts