Staples, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLS) today announced that Joe Doody, President North American Commercial, has been named Vice Chairman, and Shira Goodman, Executive Vice President, Global Growth, has been named President, North American Commercial. Both Doody and Goodman will continue to report to Ron Sargent, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. The appointments are effective February 2.
In his new role, Doody will lead Staples’ strategic reinvention and will have responsibility for strategic planning and business development as well as the company’s operations in Australia, New Zealand and high-growth markets. He joined Staples in 1998 and has delivered consistent growth, led the expansion into new product categories and built Staples’ world-class supply chain capabilities.
“Joe has done a tremendous job leading our commercial businesses through a time of enormous change and growth,” Sargent said. “His proven success and deep experience will be crucial to our reinvention as we continue to expand into new categories and build on our e-commerce and delivery capabilities to provide every product businesses need to succeed.”
Goodman joined Staples in 1992 and played a key role in developing Staples’ delivery business model. She has served in a number of senior roles across the company, including strategy, marketing, human resources and operations. Goodman led the development and launch of Staples Reinvention as well as the company’s highly successful Make More Happen branding campaign.“Shira is an outstanding leader with unmatched experience across our company,” Sargent said. “Her experience with our reinvention will be a huge asset as we continue to drive growth in our North American Commercial business by expanding into new categories, such as facilities and breakroom, technology, print, furniture and promotional products.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV