Google ($1,106.92): Analysts expect the company to earn $10.34 a share after hours today, Jan. 30. The stock traded to an all-time intraday high at $1,167.89 on Jan. 22, then fell to $1082.27 on Jan. 27 and is above its 50-day and 200-day SMAs at $1,094.49 and $944.81. Google traded up 2.2% after hours to $1,131.00 on Jan. 29 after announcing that it was selling its Motorola assets to Lenovo for $2.9 billion, after paying $12.5 billion for the phone maker in 2011. The weekly chart is positive, with its five-week MMA at $1,100 49 with overbought stochastics and the 200-week SMAs at $676.00. Google has a hold rating and is 39.3% overvalued with a gain of 46.9% over the last 12 months. Annual value levels are $1043.3 and $978.09.
Mattel (MAT) ($42.36): Analysts expect the company to earn $1.20 a share premarket on Friday, Jan. 31. The toy maker represents the consumer discretionary sector, which is 25.3% overvalued with an equal-weight rating, as 85.1% of the 390 stocks in the sector have hold ratings. The stock declined from a Dec. 30 high at $47.94 with a low of $42.13 on Jan. 29, below its 50-day and 200-day SMAs at $45.39 and $44.12. The weekly chart is negative, with the five-week MMA at $44.37 with declining stochastics and the 200-week SMA at $32.42. Mattel has a hold rating and is 2.9% overvalued with a gain of 13.7% over the last 12 months. My annual value level is $31.82, with an annual pivot at $42.55 and semiannual risky levels at $47.01 and $49.21.
At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV