NOTABLE ITEMS INCLUDE:
- EARNINGS PER SHARE INCREASED OVER 16% FOR THE YEAR
- TOTAL ORIGINATED LOANS INCREASED 26.8% DURING THE YEAR, FUELED BY 42.7% GROWTH IN MULTIFAMILY LOANS
- NET INTEREST INCOME INCREASED 9.6% FOR THE YEAR
- NONPERFORMING ASSETS TO TOTAL ASSETS DECREASED TO 0.68% AS NONPERFORMING LOANS DECLINED 49.9% FROM THE PRIOR YEAR END
- CASH DIVIDEND OF $0.06 PER COMMON SHARE DECLARED PAYABLE FEBRUARY 26, 2014, TO STOCKHOLDERS OF RECORD AS OF FEBRUARY 12, 2014
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS AUTHORIZES A 5% STOCK REPURCHASE PROGRAM
WOODBRIDGE, N.J., Jan. 29, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Northfield Bancorp, Inc . (Nasdaq:NFBK), the holding company for Northfield Bank, reported basic earnings per common share of $0.09 and $0.35 for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2013, respectively, compared to basic earnings per common share of $0.06 and $0.30 for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2012, respectively, and diluted earnings per common share of $0.09 and $0.34 for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2013, respectively, compared to diluted earnings per common share of $0.06 and $0.29 for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2012, respectively.
"This is a landmark year for Northfield as we completed our transition to a fully public company," noted John W. Alexander, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Northfield. "This accomplishment is highlighted by a 16.7 percent increase in earnings per share, and the payment of $0.49 in total dividends for 2013, which included a $0.25 special dividend. This growth was accomplished, in part, from an over 20% increase in our net loans held-for-investment, fueled by an almost 43 percent increase in multifamily loans. We were able to maintain a stable net interest margin in a very competitive environment as we continued to reposition the balance sheet away from lower yielding securities."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts