TORONTO, Jan. 29, 2014 /CNW/ - CIBC (CM: TSX) (CM:NYSE) announced today it is donating $5,000 to the Quebec Division of the Canadian Red Cross to support the relief efforts for those affected by the recent fire that destroyed a seniors' residence in L'Isle Verte.
"Our thoughts are with the people of L'Isle Verte," said Sylvain Vinet, CIBC's Region Head for Quebec. "This tragic event hits close to home for all of us with loved ones living in seniors' residences. We extend our deepest sympathies to the families affected by this tragedy and join our clients and employees in supporting the relief efforts of the Canadian Red Cross in meeting the urgent needs of those affected."
About CIBC CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with nearly 11 million personal banking and business clients. CIBC offers a full range of products and services through its comprehensive electronic banking network, branches and offices across Canada, and has offices in the United States and around the world. You can find other news releases and information about CIBC in our Press Centre on our corporate website at www.cibc.com.
SOURCE Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV