The Pantry, Inc. (NASDAQ: PTRY), a leading independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern U.S., today announced that its Board of Directors has nominated a new independent director, Thomas W. “Tad” Dickson, former Chief Executive Officer of Harris Teeter Supermarkets, Inc., for election to the Board at the Company’s 2014 Annual Meeting of Stockholders to be held on March 13, 2014.
Mr. Dickson most recently served as CEO of Harris Teeter, a leading regional supermarket chain in the southeastern and mid-Atlantic United States, from February 1997 up to the company’s sale to The Kroger Co. in January 2014, and as Chairman of its Board of Directors from March 2006 to January 2014. Prior to serving as Chairman and CEO, Mr. Dickson served in various executive posts at Harris Teeter (formerly Ruddick Corporation) and its former subsidiary, the textile company American & Efird, Inc., and as a director of Harris Teeter from February 1997 to January 2014. If elected, he will bring to The Pantry nearly two decades of operational and management experience in the supermarket industry, including more than 15 years as a public company director, and possesses broad supermarket and real estate knowledge, particularly in The Pantry’s core geographies.
“Tad Dickson’s significant executive retail experience in the southeastern U.S. makes him highly qualified to serve as a member of our Board of Directors,” said Edwin J. Holman, Chairman of The Pantry’s Board of Directors. “Through his longstanding career at and leadership of Harris Teeter, Tad has a deep understanding of our industry and the region in which we operate, as well as substantial public company board experience. We are delighted that Tad has agreed to serve, if elected, as a new, independent director on The Pantry’s Board and look forward to benefiting from his insights as we continue to position the Company for future growth and success.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV