BILLERICA, Mass., Jan. 29, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American Science and Engineering, Inc., ("AS&E") (Nasdaq:ASEI) a leading worldwide provider of threat and contraband X-ray detection solutions, announced today that Laura Berman has been named Vice President, Corporate Communications. In this newly created role, Ms. Berman will join the Company's Senior Leadership team and be responsible for all of AS&E's corporate communications, including internal and external communications. Under her direction, this consolidated approach will enhance the Company's engagement with key stakeholders — including customers, investors, the media, and employees.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=23296
"As we continue to strengthen our communication channels to all constituents, I believe that a unified approach is critical to the success of our growth strategy," said Chuck Dougherty, President and CEO of AS&E. "It is imperative that we reach all our stakeholders, including customers, channel partners, and investors, as well as the media, with clear and consistent messaging. I am pleased to welcome Laura to Senior Management and expect the Communications team will play a key role in the successful execution of our four growth pillars: geographic expansion, portfolio expansion, service evolution, and inorganic expansion."Ms. Berman has held key communications and marketing management positions since joining AS&E in 1996. Most recently, she served as Director of Corporate Communications, overseeing all external and marketing communications efforts for the Company. Ms. Berman and her team have been instrumental in increasing the Company's global brand awareness in support of business objectives and major growth initiatives. She holds a B.S. in psychology from Tufts University.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV