MILPITAS, Calif., Jan. 29, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Intersil Corporation (Nasdaq:ISIL), a leading provider of innovative power management and precision analog solutions, today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended January 3, 2014.
- Revenue of $146 million was up 6% compared to the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Fourth quarter gross margin improved 160 basis points (bps) compared to the same quarter of 2012.
- Operating income increased significantly from the prior year, resulting in a non-GAAP operating margin of 21% for the quarter and 16% for the full year.
- GAAP earnings of $0.06 for the fourth quarter resulted in a return to profitability for the full year. Non-GAAP earnings more than doubled to $0.59 for 2013.
- Balance sheet metrics continued to improve, and cash and investment balances increased by $28 million in the quarter to $195 million.
|Q4 2013||Q3 2013||Q4 2012|
|End Market:||Revenue $M||% of Revenue||Revenue $M||% of Revenue||Revenue $M||% of Revenue|
|Industrial & infrastructure||$ 87.1||60%||$ 87.8||58%||$ 78.6||57%|
|Revenue||$ 146.0||$ 152.6||$ 137.5|