AGOURA HILLS, Calif., Jan. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) (the "Company" or "we") announced today the tax treatment of the Company's dividends.
For the Company's $0.05 per share distribution related to its Class A common shares paid on January 10, 2014 to shareholders of record on December 15, 2013, all of the distribution was determined to relate to 2014 and will be included in next year's reporting. For the $0.229167 per share distribution related to its 5% Series A participating preferred shares declared and paid in December 2013, all of the distribution was determined to be return of capital for 2013.
If you have any questions, we encourage you to consult with your tax advisor.
About American Homes 4 RentAmerican Homes 4 Rent is an internally managed Maryland real estate investment trust, or REIT, focused on acquiring, renovating, leasing, and operating single-family homes as rental properties. As of September 30, 2013, we owned 21,267 single-family properties in selected submarkets in 22 states. We are a leader in the single-family home rental industry and "American Homes 4 Rent" is fast becoming a nationally recognized brand for rental homes, known for high quality, good value and tenant satisfaction. Our common stock is a component of the Russell 1000 and Russell 3000 Indexes. Additional information about American Homes 4 Rent is available on our website at www.americanhomes4rent.com. Contact: Peter J NelsonAmerican Homes 4 RentTel: (310)774-5394 SOURCE American Homes 4 Rent
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV