- Targeted Circuit Program. In 2013, PG&E crews targeted 75 circuits based on their history of outages. Crews strengthened the circuits and used infrared technology to identify potential trouble spots so that stressed equipment could be repaired or replaced before it failed. PG&E upgraded more than 330 circuits over the past five years.
- Intelligent Switches. This Smart Grid technology reduces the amount of time it takes to restore power to customers. Instead of waiting for a crew to arrive on scene to restore circuits manually, the new devices do it automatically, often within minutes. Utility workers installed automated "intelligent" switches on 392 circuits last year. In total, more than 500 circuits have been enabled with this advanced technology that benefits customers.
- Rural Circuit Upgrades. PG&E installed more than 7,000 sets of fuses and 700 line reclosers on more than 500 of the worst-performing rural circuits since 2010 to isolate service interruptions and minimize their impact on customers.
- Substation Upgrades. Technicians have replaced and upgraded substation equipment to handle an increase in demand, to improve equipment performance or to maintain or restore service when electricity needs to be rerouted.
- Vegetation Management Reliability Program. Crews worked to keep our electric lines free from trees and brush, helping to ensure the safe and reliable delivery of service to our customers. In the past five years, this program has reduced vegetation-related outages by 51 percent.
PG&E Delivers Record Electric Reliability For Customers In 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.