Number of ads: One 60-second ad
Number of cars sold in 2013: 2.24 million
The good news for Toyota is that it kept momentum going with a 7.4% U.S. sales increase in 2013. The downside? That still didn't keep its market share from slipping from 14.4% to 14.3% last year.
The Detroit Three and competitors such as Nissan are seeing sales recover and taking small bites out of Toyota's third-in-the-U.S. market share. There's only one thing that can cheer a company up when it wins, but still loses: Muppets.This year, Toyota has decided to focus all 60 seconds on its Toyota Highlander with help from actor and driver Terry Crews and some of the nation's favorite felt pals. Thanks to some trouble with Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem band's tour bus, Crews is stuck commuting Gonzo, Rowlf, Zoot, Animal, Pepe The Prawn and a whole lot of chickens through a rousing musical number. His neighbor, Kermit The Frog, is not amused.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV