In trading on Wednesday, shares of WellPoint Inc (WLP) crossed below their last reported book value — defined as common shareholder equity per share — of $83.76, changing hands as low as $81.84 per share. WellPoint Inc shares are currently trading up about 2% on the day. The chart below shows the one year performance of WLP shares, versus its 50 and 200 day moving averages:
Looking at the chart above, WLP's low point in its 52 week range is $60.41 per share, with $94.36 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $86.20.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, WLP makes up 6.28% of the iShares U.S. Healthcare Providers ETF (IHF) which is trading up by about 0.2% on the day Wednesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV