- A new technology trade-in program in the U.S. that lets customers cash-in and recycle online or in-store
- An expanded Staples Rewards ink and toner recycling program online in the U.S.
- In the U.S , Staples has recycled 64 million pounds of e-waste through its free in-store recycling program since 2007
- Through Staples Canada’s recycling program, 71,370 kilograms of batteries have been collected and diverted as of Q3 2013, helping the retailer surpass its goal of collecting 60,000 kilograms in 2013
- The bullfrogpowered® Printers Program in Canada helped reduce emissions by more than 225 tons of CO₂—one month's emissions from over 1,200 homes
- Staples has obtained ISO14001 certification in China, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, and the UK, bringing the total number of facilities with certified environmental management systems to 107
- Staples Advantage Europe has made a significant investment in new packaging machinery in the UK, the Netherlands, Germany, France, Spain, Sweden and Italy using the Jivaro machine. This has resulted in a 30 percent average reduction in shipping volumes, translating into fewer vehicles required to move the product to customers
Staples Inc. Only North American Retailer Named To Global 100 Sustainability Index
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.