NEW YORK, Jan. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Pomerantz LLP is investigating claims on behalf of investors of Cooper Tire & Rubber Company ("Cooper" or the "Company")(NYSE: CTB). Such investors are advised to contact Robert S. Willoughby at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-476-6529, ext. 237.
The investigation concerns whether Cooper and certain of its officers and/or directors violated Sections 10(b) and 20(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
On October 7, 2013, Cooper filed a Form 8-K with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") which included a press release revealing that the Merger of Cooper and Apollo Tyres Ltd. ("Apollo") was in jeopardy and that Cooper had filed a lawsuit against Apollo in an attempt to force Apollo to close the deal. On November 8, 2013, the Delaware Chancery Court denied Cooper's request for an order requiring Apollo to close on the Merger, holding that Apollo had not breached the Merger agreement.
On this news, Cooper stock fell significantly, falling from $31.27 per share on October 3, 2013, to close at $23.82 per share on November 8, 2013.The Pomerantz Firm, with offices in New York, Chicago, San Diego and Florida, is acknowledged as one of the premier firms in the areas of corporate, securities, and antitrust class litigation. Founded by the late Abraham L. Pomerantz, known as the dean of the class action bar, the Pomerantz Firm pioneered the field of securities class actions. Today, more than 70 years later, the Pomerantz Firm continues in the tradition he established, fighting for the rights of the victims of securities fraud, breaches of fiduciary duty, and corporate misconduct. The Firm has recovered numerous multimillion-dollar damages awards on behalf of class members. See www.pomerantzlaw.com. CONTACT: Robert S. Willoughby Pomerantz LLP email@example.com SOURCE Pomerantz LLP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV