3. As of noon trading, Southwest Airlines ( LUV) is down $0.55 (-2.6%) to $20.76 on average volume. Thus far, 5.0 million shares of Southwest Airlines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $20.72-$21.57 after having opened the day at $21.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.31. Southwest Airlines Co. operates passenger airlines that provide scheduled air transportation services in the United States. As of December 31, 2012, the company operated 694 aircraft, including 606 Boeing 737 aircraft and 88 Boeing 717 aircraft. Southwest Airlines has a market cap of $14.4 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Southwest Airlines a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Southwest Airlines as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Southwest Airlines Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts