4. As of noon trading, Norfolk Southern Corporation ( NSC) is down $0.88 (-1.0%) to $90.38 on average volume. Thus far, 788,512 shares of Norfolk Southern Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $89.75-$90.53 after having opened the day at $90.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $91.26. Norfolk Southern Corporation engages in the rail transportation of raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods in the United States. Norfolk Southern Corporation has a market cap of $27.9 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.9, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Norfolk Southern Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Norfolk Southern Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Norfolk Southern Corporation Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts