1. As of noon trading, Martin Marietta Materials ( MLM) is up $1.05 (1.0%) to $107.80 on average volume. Thus far, 340,035 shares of Martin Marietta Materials exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 567,300 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $104.81-$109.71 after having opened the day at $109.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $106.75. Martin Marietta Materials, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the production and sale of aggregates for the construction industry primarily in the United States, Canada, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean Islands. Martin Marietta Materials has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 44.7, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there is 1 analyst who rates Martin Marietta Materials a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Martin Marietta Materials as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Martin Marietta Materials Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the materials & construction industry could consider SPDR S&P Homebuilders ETF ( XHB) while those bearish on the materials & construction industry could consider ProShares Short Basic Materials Fd ( SBM).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts