2. As of noon trading, Vulcan Materials Company ( VMC) is up $0.92 (1.5%) to $62.50 on light volume. Thus far, 283,918 shares of Vulcan Materials Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 823,700 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $60.42-$62.51 after having opened the day at $60.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.58. Vulcan Materials Company engages in the production and sale of construction aggregates, as well as asphalt mix, ready-mixed concrete, and cement primarily in the United States. The company operates in four segments: Aggregates, Concrete, Asphalt Mix, and Cement. Vulcan Materials Company has a market cap of $7.5 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 527.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 2 analysts who rate Vulcan Materials Company a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Vulcan Materials Company as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Get the full Vulcan Materials Company Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts