2. As of noon trading, Phillips 66 ( PSX) is up $0.99 (1.3%) to $76.07 on heavy volume. Thus far, 2.5 million shares of Phillips 66 exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $70.81-$76.90 after having opened the day at $74.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.08. Phillips 66 operates as an independent downstream energy company. The company operates in three segments: Refining and Marketing (R&M), Midstream, and Chemicals. Phillips 66 has a market cap of $44.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.0, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 8 analysts who rate Phillips 66 a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Phillips 66 as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, unimpressive growth in net income and poor profit margins. Get the full Phillips 66 Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts