3 Consumer Goods Stocks On The Rise
1. As of noon trading, International Paper ( IP) is up $1.27 (2.8%) to $47.40 on average volume. Thus far, 2.4 million shares of International Paper exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $45.56-$47.52 after having opened the day at $45.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.13. International Paper Company operates as a paper and packaging company in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia, and North Africa. International Paper has a market cap of $20.3 billion and is part of the consumer non-durables industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.9, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 5.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 11 analysts who rate International Paper a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates International Paper as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, compelling growth in net income, increase in stock price during the past year and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full International Paper Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer goods sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Goods ( IYK) while those bearish on the consumer goods sector could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts