3 Consumer Goods Stocks On The Rise
2. As of noon trading, Rock-Tenn Company ( RKT) is up $8.98 (9.2%) to $106.74 on heavy volume. Thus far, 902,964 shares of Rock-Tenn Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 754,800 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $97.25-$107.00 after having opened the day at $97.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $97.76. Rock-Tenn Company manufactures and sells corrugated and consumer packaging products in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Puerto Rico, and China. The company operates in three segments: Corrugated Packaging, Consumer Packaging, and Recycling. Rock-Tenn Company has a market cap of $7.0 billion and is part of the consumer non-durables industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.8, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 6.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 7 analysts who rate Rock-Tenn Company a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Rock-Tenn Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Rock-Tenn Company Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts