Yahoo! is in a difficult position, said TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio. The stock has run up to $40, from $19 thanks to the company's stake in Alibaba, not for the work that CEO Marissa Mayer has done.
However, it now appears Alibaba is beginning to slow, and so Yahoo! stock has more downside, he said. He called Yahoo!'s core business a "work in progress," which will also not help support the share price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV