Organovo revealed that it had made its first delivery of 3D liver tissue to a key opinion leader outside the company. Organovo had originally scheduled this delivery for April but accomplished it more than two months ahead of schedule. As a result, the company has moved up its previously scheduled commercial release of the 3D liver tissue product from December to an unspecified earlier date.
"This is an important milestone for Organovo R&D," said Dr. Sharon Presnell, Chief Technology Officer and Executive Vice President of Research and Development, in the company's statement. "In developing these tissues, we have gone through a careful set of research studies involving many individual tissues, and greatly increased our ability to produce them. By the end of January, we expect to have bioprinted nearly four hundred 3D Liver tissues during the month."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV