SEATTLE, Jan. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- As the number of people 65 and above using the Internet increases, the nation's largest assisted living and memory care provider continues to expand its digital resources. After launching a first-of-its-kind web video series for that demographic and piloting a social networking app, Emeritus Senior Living has now unveiled a newly designed website.
Fifty-three percent of Americans 65 and over now use the Internet, with 70% of those doing so daily, according to a 2012 study by the Pew Internet & American Life Project. Researchers noted the data "represented the first time that half of seniors are going online. After several years of very little growth among this group, these gains are significant."
This phenomena's impact has been evident at Emeritus. Inquiries through www.Emeritus.com and resulting community tours rose by 20% and 30% respectively last year compared to 2012. The number of people who first contacted Emeritus via the website and then moved into an Emeritus community jumped 40% during that time. Establishment of the Emeritus Family Advocate Team, which responds to those submitting questions of any kind through the website, factored significantly in the increase.
"These numbers tell us that making resources easily available on our website and moving quickly to answer contacts we receive through the site are important – both for our business and as a service to seniors and families in search of information," said Jayne Sallerson, executive vice president of sales and marketing for Emeritus Senior Living.With an analysis showing that the majority of visitors to Emeritus.com seek details on Emeritus Senior Living community locations and services, Emeritus redesigned its website's homepage to make the information more accessible. In addition, it increased the prominence of the search bar and made it available on all pages. The role of video was also increased.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV