New Lifetime High Reached By Horizon Pharma (HZNP)
- HZNP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.1 million.
- HZNP has traded 1.3 million shares today.
- HZNP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HZNP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HZNP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HZNP: Horizon Pharma, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, through its subsidiaries, develops and commercializes medicines for the treatment of arthritis, pain, and inflammatory diseases. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Horizon Pharma a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Horizon Pharma has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Horizon has a market cap of $522.3 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.48 and a short float of 22% with 12.24 days to cover. Shares are up 11.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Horizon Pharma as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, HORIZON PHARMA INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for HORIZON PHARMA INC is currently very high, coming in at 87.30%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -20.94% is in-line with the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 58.63% to -$9.44 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HORIZON PHARMA INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.51%.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.65, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, HZNP has a quick ratio of 1.67, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- This stock has increased by 258.89% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in HZNP do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Horizon Pharma Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.