Datawatch Corporation Stock Downgraded (DWCH)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- DATAWATCH CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DATAWATCH CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.60 versus $0.15 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 5.0% in earnings (-$0.63 versus -$0.60).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 2428.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$0.22 million to -$5.61 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, DATAWATCH CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for DATAWATCH CORP is currently very high, coming in at 79.12%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DWCH's net profit margin of -63.73% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, DWCH's share price has jumped by 126.94%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Despite the fact that the stock's value has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year, we feel that the risks surrounding an investment in this stock outweigh any potential future returns.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV