SUWANEE, Ga., Jan. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- ARRIS Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARRS) today announced Shaw Communications, Western Canada's largest cable operator, has deployed the ARRIS APEX3000 to deliver an exceptional customer experience to its consumers.
APEX3000 – Density to Meet DemandARRIS network technology addresses consumer demand for more personalized, relevant, and mobile experiences. Shaw will use the APEX3000 to support its growing Video-on-Demand (VOD) libraries and as part of its TV Everywhere strategy.
The APEX3000 is able to merge network traffic in an agile and flexible way with built-in capabilities to enable future consumer services. Service providers, like Shaw, face increasing demand for narrowcast channels to support growing consumer entertainment desires, such as expanded VOD libraries and watching TV on multiple viewing devices. The need for a solution – such as the APEX3000 – to increase channel capacity, while enabling a full transition to Converged Cable Access Platform (CCAP), has never been greater.
"It's crucial that we have a network solution in place to meet today's and tomorrow's content service demands," said Jay Mehr, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Shaw Communications Inc. "As the leading network and content experience company in Canada, we are committed to ensuring our customers don't miss a thing. Deploying the ARRIS technology and hardware helps us deliver an exceptional experience today, while giving us the capacity and flexibility to grow in the future."ARRIS APEX3000 Universal Edge QAM offers:
- Fully redundant Edge Quadrature Amplitude Modulator (EQAM) solution that enables the delivery of Shaw VOD and DOCSIS® High-Speed Data (HSD) services to a single, combined RF port
- Market-leading density, GigE ingest capacity and QAM growth capacity;
- Empowers operators to ingest enough content to fill every QAM channel with unique unicast content (VOD and DOCSIS HSD) if needed, while also receiving redundant input GigE content.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV