RAYONG, Thailand, Jan. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- All-new EcoSport is produced at state-of-the-art Ford Thailand Manufacturing (FTM) facility in Rayong
- Global all-new EcoSport builds on Ford's successful product-led transformation, adding another segment-leading vehicle to Ford's growing showroom in ASEAN markets
- An aspirational alternative to the compact car, all-new EcoSport offers a blend of versatility and smart connectivity designed to meet the needs of an urban lifestyle
Ford Motor Company today celebrated the official start of production for the all-new Ford EcoSport urban SUV at the company's state-of-the-art Ford Thailand Manufacturing (FTM) plant in Rayong.
FTM becomes the fourth plant globally to build the all-new EcoSport, joining Ford facilities in Chennai, India, Chonqing, China and Camcari, Brazil, reinforcing the strategic role of Thailand as a volume production and export hub in the region.The Thai-built models will be for domestic sale and export to markets across the ASEAN region. The all-new EcoSport will eventually be sold in 100 markets worldwide. "The all-new EcoSport continues our ongoing product-led transformation by providing customers with another segment-leading vehicle to our growing Ford showroom across our ASEAN markets," said Matt Bradley, president, Ford ASEAN. "Produced at our highly flexible Ford Thailand Manufacturing facility, it is the next proof point in our continued growth strategy in the region," he added. An Aspirational Alternative The all-new Ford EcoSport is an aspirational alternative to the compact car – spacious enough for five adults and their gear. Its practical blend of versatility and smart connectivity is designed to meet the needs and requirements of an urban lifestyle. A high driving position, rugged capability, superior fuel economy and convenient features, including a sunroof, all make the all-new EcoSport an ideal companion for both city streets and mountain roads.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts