Emulex Corporation (NYSE:ELX), a leader in network connectivity, monitoring and management, and Brocade, Inc. (NASDAQ: BRCD), the industry leader in networking fabrics, today announced a commitment to jointly develop and align the two companies’ roadmaps around a new generation of advanced Gen 6 (32Gb) Fibre Channel networking solutions, enabling increased network performance, higher scalability and improved reliability for the highly virtualized data center.
Emulex and Brocade have a long history of driving industry innovation, including recently announced support for Brocade ClearLink diagnostics, which ensures the reliability and management of storage network configurations, and Emulex Gen 5 Flash Services, including ExpressLane™, which provides Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities for flash/solid state disk (SSD)-based storage and Emulex CrossLink™ which provides in-band message passing between server nodes, delivering optimized performance using lossless, standards-based FC protocols.
Emulex and Brocade are jointly developing technology to deliver:
- Industry Leading Network Performance with Gen 6 (32Gb) FC: Emulex and Brocade will partner to develop end-to-end 32GFC-based solutions that will improve performance and scalability to support the demands of highly virtualized data centers and flash/SSD-based applications.
- Extending Fibre Channel’s Industry Leading Reliability: Emulex and Brocade are delivering ClearLink, an advanced end-to-end diagnostic solution, that performs in-band tests on both Brocade Gen 5 FC switches and Emulex Gen 5 FC HBAs, which can detect problems with the physical cabling and optics that could result in increased error rates and intermittent problems.
- Enabling Flash and SSD Solutions: Emulex and Brocade will partner to create solutions that highlight Emulex’s innovative ExpressLane and CrossLink technology which is designed to enhance the QoS, optimize I/O performance and increase return on investment (ROI) in IT environments using fabric-based flash arrays and server-based cache.
“Emulex and Brocade have been on the leading edge of innovation in Fibre Channel for virtualization, flash/SSD and cloud applications,” said Shaun Walsh, senior vice president of marketing and corporate development, Emulex. “We are committed to the long term future of Fibre Channel, and are aggressively pursuing our Gen 6 FC roadmap. By working with Brocade, we will continue to be leaders in this strategic market, just as we have been in the Gen 5 FC market transition.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV