To support future software developers, Kaplan Test Prep has partnered with Upstart, a firm that provides individuals with access to funding for career advancement in exchange for a percentage of their future earnings. As part of the agreement, participants in Metis, the Kaplan-thoughtbot bootcamp for individuals interested in becoming professional Ruby on Rails web developers, will have the option of guaranteed tuition financing through Upstart in exchange for a small and pre-determined fraction of their future earned income.
“One of the biggest challenges facing up-and-coming professionals and entrepreneurs is a lack of early capital to help them secure the tools and skills they need to succeed in a highly competitive market,” said Jason Moss, co-founder of Metis. “As we look to boost the skills gap in coding and web development, partnering with Upstart enables us to connect tomorrow’s developer talent with the financial backing to gain the skills they need to be successful.”
Metis, Kaplan and thoughbot’s bootcamp for aspiring Ruby on Rails web developers, is designed as a new economy skills training (NEST) program to provide immersive training in skills that are in high demand in today’s job market, preparing participants for hire. Data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that by 2020, there will be a million more computing jobs than students.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV