SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- As diners make reservations for romance on Valentine's Day, OpenTable (NASDAQ: OPEN), the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, is pleased to honor the 2014 Diners' Choice Award winners for the Top 100 Most Romantic Restaurants in America. These awards reflect the combined opinions of more than 5 million restaurant reviews submitted by verified OpenTable diners for approximately 19,000 restaurants in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Featuring restaurants with alluring ambience and seductive menus, the complete list of honorees is scattered among 32 states and includes Canlis in Seattle, The Little Door in Los Angeles, and Zenkichi in Brooklyn. California boasts the greatest number of winning restaurants with 14, followed by Florida with eight. Hawaii, Texas, and Virginia each have seven winning restaurants. Colorado, Nevada, and Ohio claim five winners apiece, while Arizona, Illinois, New York, and Utah have four. Missouri, New Jersey, and Tennessee count three winning restaurants, and Georgia, Indiana, Maine, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Washington have two each. Alaska, Idaho, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, Oregon, and Rhode Island also have winning eateries.
For another year, fondue is a favorite for diners seeking to fan the flames of romance. And, illustrating that home really is where the heart is, American fare restaurants account for the greatest number of winners. French and Italian cuisines are very popular as well.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV