It proves that Tim Cook's honeymoon as Apple CEO is over.
In the almost two-and-a-half years since taking over from the late Steve Jobs, Cook has shown himself to be an able manager of Jobs' legacy. He has extracted huge profits from Jobs' ideas and has kept the iOS trains running on time.
But high-tech valuations aren't driven by able management, huge profits or trains that stay on their tracks. High valuations, in the form of extreme price-to-earnings ratios, come from doing something new, something different, something no one else is doing or can do."mobile commerce" isn't it, either. TouchID, as a way to enable and secure mobile payments, is a nifty thing to have, but it's not a game-changer. It's not transaction processing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV