EverBank Financial Corp (NYSE: EVER) announced today its financial results for the fourth quarter and the year ended December 31, 2013.
“2013 was a successful year for EverBank as we generated a solid return on equity, grew tangible book value per share by 12%, and executed on key strategic initiatives designed to enhance operating efficiency, simplify our earnings profile and focus on our core banking and lending activities,” said Robert M. Clements, chairman and chief executive officer. “The Company's fundamentals are strong, which we believe positions us to generate robust asset and earnings growth from our diverse nationwide lending businesses in 2014.”
Adjusted net income was $32 million for the fourth quarter of 2013 1, compared to $34 million for the third quarter 2013 and $44 million for the fourth quarter of 2012. For the year, adjusted net income was $148 million, an increase of 3% over 2012. GAAP net income was $18 million for the fourth quarter of 2013, compared to $33 million for the third quarter of 2013 and $29 million for the fourth quarter of 2012. For the year, GAAP net income was $137 million, an increase of 85% over 2012.
Adjusted diluted earnings per share was $0.24 in the fourth quarter 2013, an 8% decrease from $0.26 in the third quarter 2013 and a 29% decrease from $0.34 in the fourth quarter 2012. GAAP diluted earnings per share was $0.13, a 48% decrease from $0.25 in the third quarter 2013 and a 41% decrease from $0.22 in the fourth quarter 2012. For the full year 2013, adjusted diluted earnings per share was $1.11, a 13% decrease from $1.27 in 2012. GAAP diluted earnings per share was $1.02, a 70% increase from $0.60 in 2012.Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Key Highlights
- Tangible common equity per common share was $11.57 at December 31, 2013, an increase of 12% compared to year end 2012.
- Adjusted return on equity (ROE) was 10% and GAAP ROE was 9% for the full year 2013.
- Retained asset generation of $1.6 billion for the fourth quarter, including commercial origination volume of $701 million, an increase of 45% and 99%, respectively, compared to the prior quarter.
- Deployed excess liquidity to grow portfolio loans held for investment to $13.3 billion, an increase of 5% compared to the prior quarter, or 22% annualized.
- Core net interest margin was 3.30% for the quarter, an increase of 13 basis points from 3.17% in the prior quarter.
- Adjusted non-performing assets were 0.65% of total assets at December 31, 2013, a 36% decline compared to the prior quarter. Annualized net charge-offs to average loans and leases held for investment were 0.20% for the quarter.
- We remain on track to close the sale of our default servicing platform to Green Tree Servicing LLC and expect the transfer date, in addition to the servicing sale date, to occur during the first quarter 2014. In anticipation of closing and transfer, we recognized $14 million of non-recurring costs in the quarter related to the transaction.
- Due to the normalization of industry refinance volumes and the expected first quarter 2014 default servicing platform transfer, we adjusted our residential lending, servicing and corporate administrative capacity, resulting in severance charges of $4 million and lease termination expense of $3 million.
- We closed on the sale of non-core commercial loans and REO for approximately $98 million. We recognized a $4 million loss on the sale during the quarter, however we expect to benefit from reduced noninterest expense associated with this portfolio in future periods.
|1||A reconciliation of Non-GAAP financial measures can be found in the financial tables attached hereto.|
|($ in millions)||
Dec 31, 2013
Sep 30, 2013
Dec 31, 2012
% Change (Q/Q)
% Change (Y/Y)
|Mortgage pool buyouts||1,892||2,075||2,760||(9||)%||(31||)%|
|Total residential mortgages||7,045||6,699||6,709||5||%||5||%|
|Commercial real estate||3,190||3,243||3,390||(2||)%||(6||)%|
|Total commercial finance & CRE||5,107||4,850||4,638||5||%||10||%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV