Miercom, a leading independent test lab, announced today it has verified in a comprehensive review that Cisco’s Application Centric Infrastructure switches Nexus 9508 and Nexus 9516 equipped with the 36-port 40GE ACI Spine line card delivered highest performance, lowest latency and lowest power consumption compared to competitive product offerings.
Key findings for the Cisco Nexus 9508 and Nexus 9516 include:
- Perform full line rate throughput with zero loss in full mesh 288 port x 40GE (Nexus 9508) and 576 port x 40GE (Nexus 9516) high density tests, and outperform all competitive switches Miercom has tested to date.
- Provide consistent low latency under heavy load regardless of frame size in a fully populated testing configuration, up to 65% percent lower latency than other similar switches.
- Exhibits low jitter/small latency variance regardless of frame size in fully populated switch tests.
- Cisco Nexus 9508 consumes 36 percent less power per 40 Gigabit Ethernet port for a fully populated 288 x 40GE port switch when compared to the most power efficient comparable switch.
Nexus 9500 switches form the foundation of Cisco’s Application Centric Infrastructure, built specifically for the needs of enterprise and Service Provider cloud datacenters and designed to help those organizations achieve greater business agility. The Cisco Nexus 9500 Series Switches offer up to 16 line card slots with 576 line rate 40GE ports, providing the high-performance, low-latency, non-blocking spine layer for the ACI fabric infrastructure.
“Combining merchant silicon and custom ASICs, the Nexus 9500 portfolio includes system innovations such as the industry’s first backplane-free modular switch, efficient power and cooling, and a simpler design to improve mean time between failures,” said Thomas Scheibe, director, product management at Cisco. “The Nexus 9500 family, with optimized NX-OS, provides “zero-touch” operations across high performance data center networks.“
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts