SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 28, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- City National Bank announced today that it has opened a new banking office in the SoMa area of San Francisco, the 12 th branch the bank has in the Bay Area.
The new office, located at 50 Fremont Street, will provide City National's full range of wealth management, private banking and commercial lending offerings to the region's entrepreneurs, professionals, investors and their families.
City National entered the Bay Area market in 2000 and now has 12 offices in the region, including three in San Francisco, two in San Jose, one in Oakland and an office in Pleasanton that opened last year. The bank has relocated its Palo Alto regional banking office to Lytton Avenue and Ramona Street in the heart of downtown's University Avenue neighborhood."We are especially pleased to open our new San Francisco office this month – which marks City National's 60th anniversary," said Kevin Dunigan, executive vice president and manager of the core banking division. "Our company opened its doors in 1954, and today, it is larger, stronger, and better able than ever to successfully meet the growing banking and investment needs of all clients. We are very excited to be part of this vibrant and growing part of San Francisco and look forward to serving the businesses and residents in the SoMa neighborhood." Dunigan noted that City National has strengthened its technology and venture capital group under the leadership of Senior Vice President Rod Werner, and with the addition of colleagues in Palo Alto, Boston and New York. City National is now the 25 th largest American commercial bank and has been listed by Barron's as one of the nation's top 40 wealth management firms for the past 13 years. The full-service ground-floor SoMa branch is 2,542-square-feet and features an open concept floor plan with a curved client services desk. It meets LEED requirements and offers 24-hour ATM and night deposit services. Manager Asad Anwer will lead a core banking team of four colleagues.
- With more than a decade of banking experience, Anwer and his team of experts deliver the bank's full range of financial solutions. Anwer joined the bank in 2013 from the Gallup organization, where he was a consultant for the past five years. His clients included many regional banks and financial services companies. Previously he worked at Citibank and Wells Fargo and is a graduate of the University of Texas, Austin with an undergraduate degree in business and an MBA in finance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV