Monsanto Company (NYSE:MON) announced that its Board of Directors, at a regularly scheduled meeting held today, declared a quarterly dividend on its common stock of 43 cents per share. The dividend is payable on April 25, 2014, to shareowners of record on April 4, 2014. It relates to the second quarter of the company’s 2014 fiscal year.
“Our quarterly dividend underscores our company’s continued commitment to return value to our shareowners,” said Pierre Courduroux, Monsanto chief financial officer.
In other matters, Monsanto also announced that at its annual shareowners meeting held today, shareowners elected four members of its Board of Directors to new one-year terms:
- Gregory H. Boyce
- Laura K. Ipsen
- William U. Parfet
- George H. Poste, Ph.D., D.V.M.
Additional voting results will be included in the company’s Form 8-K. An audio replay of the annual shareowners meeting will be available by visiting the investor section of Monsanto’s website at www.monsanto.com/investors.About Monsanto Company Monsanto Company is a leading global provider of technology-based solutions and agricultural products that improve farm productivity and food quality. Monsanto remains focused on enabling both small-holder and large-scale farmers to produce more from their land while conserving more of our world’s natural resources such as water and energy. To learn more about our business and our commitments, please visit: www.monsanto.com. Follow our business on Twitter ® at www.twitter.com/MonsantoCo, on the company blog, Beyond the Rows at www.monsantoblog.com, or subscribe to our News Release RSS Feed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV